What is SEO and how does it help my website?
Optimizing your web pages helps you rank higher and convert more searchers into your customers.
Let’s start by clarifying exactly what SEO is. SEO stands for search engine optimization, a digital marketing strategy that focuses on improving your website’s position in the search results of search engines like Google. Remember, the higher the website is listed, the more people will see it.
You may have heard that SEO is essential when you want to increase traffic to your website, when you want to increase the number of customers coming to your store, incoming calls and online orders, you need to be visible on Google.
It is a process of increasing both the quantity and quality of traffic to your website.
This process of optimizing a website to get qualified, organic traffic can take some time, but it will yield valuable results for your business.
Because search engines use hundreds of factors to generate search results — Google uses more than 200 — SEO works by optimizing your site for those factors.
When you ask Google a question, what determines the answer?
When you search for a company or product, what determines the listings that appear?
- Each search engine has an algorithm that ranks content and determines which is most relevant. SEO is the process of adapting your information to make it easier for Google to rank your website ahead of others with similar content.
- By “content” we mean any information such as blog posts, web pages, images or videos that can be indexed by search engines.
- Thanks to SEO, which mainly focuses on improving search results organically, you can also optimize your costs in terms of advertising investment.
- This is very useful for companies with a slightly lower marketing budget and/or who want to see results over a longer period of time.
- The quality and size of the images, the quality of the code, the presence of errors, good graphic layout of the graphic elements on the desktop and on the mobile version, the speed of the site.